Are you trying to learn how to Start a Blog to make money online? in this blog, we’ll learn how to make money online by blogging
Blogging is a career that allows one to work around their interests. The topics and ideas are endless, and the freedom to create something that has never been done before is liberating. With a blog, you have everything you need to start an online business: your own website, a social media following, and many income opportunities.
Table of Contents
- What is blogging?
- Why should you start a blog?
- Is it true that you can make money blogging? Tips to do good blogging
How to set up a blog to make money online?
- Step #1: Do research on a niche and select topics
- Step #2: select the blogging forum
- Step #3: Choose a domain name and get web hosting
- Step #4: Start a blog by setting up WordPress
- Step #5: Select a theme and design your blog
- Step #6: Write and publish blog content
- Step #7: Optimize your blog for search engines
- Different monetization methods that bloggers use.
- Best niches for blogging to make money online
What is blogging?
Blogging is a way to share your thoughts, ideas, and opinions with the world. A blog can be about anything that you want to write about. You can start a blog for free, and there are many different platforms that you can use. WordPress and Blogger are two popular choices.
Why should you start a blog?
There are many reasons why you should start a blog. First, it’s a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world. Second, you can make money from your blog if you choose to monetize it. There are many ways to monetize a blog, such as through advertising, affiliate marketing, or selling products and services. Third, starting a blog is relatively easy and does not require much technical knowledge. Finally, it’s a lot of fun!
Is it true that you can make money blogging? Tips to do good blogging
Yes, it is absolutely true that you can make a lot of money with blogging. There are many ways to make money online, and blogging is one of them. You can make money blogging by writing about topics that you are passionate about and sharing your insights with others.
TIP! Don’t be afraid to try something new on your blog. If you want to make money blogging, you have to constantly be trying new things.
Do you enjoy writing? Would you like to set up your own blog? In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways you can use your writing skills to make money blogging. You may already have a blog with valuable information on it. If so, that means that your blog is pretty successful and you have some great content for people to read. If nothing else, you should be able to monetize your website by placing ads on it.
TIP! Write articles and blogs about things you’re passionate about. To start off on the right foot, you need to find something you’re passionate about and write about it! Are there any topics your readers are typically interested in? For example, if they like to go on vacation, they may want to read articles related to that. If they like to spend a lot of time outdoors, they may enjoy reading articles covering tips for camping. Find out what your readers want and give it to them.
TIP! In addition to writing articles and blogs, be sure you have social media accounts! Actually, maintain a blog and don’t delay in publishing your content. Your blog is a great way to promote your website by providing high-quality content that attracts readers.
TIP! Set up a schedule of when you will post on your blog. This schedule should work with the subject matter of your site.
TIP! Don’t forget to describe your article well before you submit it for publication. If you want to draw visitors to become regular visitors.
How to set up a blog to make money online?
Step #1: Do research on a niche and select topics
There are many niches in the market that bloggers are working on and making money online. Our article will help you today to select the best niche to start your blogging career.
To select the best niche for your blog there are a few key factors that you need to keep in your mind, which are enlisted below.
First, you know think of these things you love to do and have fun with. For example, you love enjoying cooking or are a traveler.
Things you would like to learn for yourself. To give you an example, let’s say you want to learn how to make a website or how to start crypto trading.
Lastly, if you are thinking about a new project or new venture in your life. Let me elaborate. For example, you want to start a new career or want to start a new degree program or education.
There are boundaries, you can be as creative as you can to start researching a good niche for your blog.
This practice will help you choose the right niche for your blog because the more passion you’ll have for researching your niche, the means you put more expression in your blog more people will read about your blog.
Step #2: select the blogging forum
The second step is to look for the best available platform that you would like to have your blog on. There are many such as; Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr, Ghost, Medium, etc and so many.
WordPress is by far one of the most used platforms to create blogs as you can see in the stats.
More than 90% of bloggers use WordPress.
I personally highly recommend all bloggers who want to start their first blog use WordPress. It is very easy to use and has a lot of options that help you optimize your blog website and rank no 1 on google.
Step #3: Choose a domain name and get web hosting
After choosing the platform, the next step is to set up a domain and web hosting. These two things we are going to talk about in this article are also very important steps that are a must-do to start blogging and make money online.
Domain Name Selection:
The domain is going to be the identity of your blog and the name will define the purpose of your blog. The domain is the unique online address of your blog website, from which people will recognize you online.
Tips to choose domain names:
- The best tip is always to choose the .com domain.
- The domain name should be short. So it’s easy to remember.
- It should be very attractive and eye-catching that people can relate to.
- Your first and last name can also be used for your first blog.
- Make sure the domain name is always unique and can be converted in to brand later on
- There should not be any special characters in a domain such as; hyphen, underscore, etc
- Try not to have double characters in the domain
- You can also use domain name generators to create an effective and good domain name.
- If you find a good domain name according to your niche, hurry up to get it before someone else gets it.
Tips to choose domain names:
- Always buy a domain name and hosting from an authentic source such as; hostinger, Bluehost, name cheap, etc.
- If you buy hosting from hostinger, name cheap, or blue host, a domain name is always free with these sources.
Step #4: Start a blog by setting up WordPress
Create your identity on word press by setup up an account at wrodpress.org, your identity is your first point of reference to make your blog a brand.
- It is the first step to creating an account on WordPress when you plan to build a website or blog.
- Visit wordpress.com, click on your signup, and provide your email address and desired password to create your account.
- Always keep your password safe and secure.
- Once your account is set up, choose a domain and hosting plan.
- Creating the identity of your blog or website is the most essential step.
- Your blog identity should be mentioned in your first blog post, by which people can identify your blog.
- Once it’s done go to settings and set up a Site Title.
- The next setup is to add an attractive tagline for your blog. Which engages visitors.
Step #5: Select a theme and design your blog
Selecting a theme and design for your blog is the most important part of the possess. To Start a Blog to make money online, theme selection is a very vital factor. If your website theme or design is not engaging, users will simply bounce off your blog and you would never be able to create a stream of income for yourself.
Here are a few tips to set up a theme.
- Once your account is set up, sign in to the WordPress admin panel.
- After signing in go to the dashboard, and navigate to the Appearance tab, from there you need to select the themes tab.
- After selecting the themes tab, click on add new and over there you can see multiple themes. Select one according to your niche and hit on install button.
- Once the theme is installed activate the theme.
- Now the theme is successfully installed and activated on your website. You can check the installed theme by typing in www.yourdomain.com
Step #6: Write and publish blog content
Now it’s time to unleash your creativity. Write your first blog by introducing yourself and telling the world, what your blog is all about. Use your best word to explain everything about your blog.
- Navigate to the dashboard to the post tab and click on add post.
- Think of the best title that can explain your blog in a few words and from there start writing the blog, once you are done hit publish button.
- Now your blog is ready for the world.
Step #7: Optimize your blog for search engines
Optimizing your blog posts is an effective method to let the world reach your blog post and increase the traffic to your website.
Here are some tips to optimize your blog
- When you start a blog, the blog has to be well planned with the right arrangement of keywords.
- Add a well-researched focus keyword, and start writing your blog around that keyword.
- Choose the best title for your blog and make sure your focus keyword is in your title.
- Once you are done writing make sure you’re internally linking your blog post to other pages and related blog posts on your website.
- Always add images and videos to your blog post. Most importantly when you add an image add alt text to the image so your images can also be ranked with your keywords.
- The meta description is one of the essential parts of blogging, when writing a meta description make sure your use your keyword in the meta description.
- You need to write an article that is easy to use and explained well so users can relate to it.
- You need to use the tag to optimize your content.
- Always define the category of your blog.
- When writing keep your posts comprehensive and informational.
Different monetization methods that bloggers use.
- Online services
- Physical products
- Affiliate marketing
- Digital products
Best niches for blogging to make money online
- Health and Fitness
- Personal Finance
- Fashion and beauty
- Business and Marketing
- Technology and Gaming
- Crypto and blockchain
- Education and online education
- Insurance and mortgage
- Food blogging
- Entertainment and news
We hope this blog post will help you understand, how to set up a blog. In this blog, we have discussed all the steps one by one for beginners so everyone can learn how to set up a blog and start a revenue generation stream for them. We almost covered everything from choosing a niche to adding a blog and how to optimize your post and how to monetize the blog.